cobble n : rectangular paving stone with curved top; once used to make roads [syn: cobblestone, sett]
1 pave with cobblestones
2 repair or mend; "cobble shoes"
- Rhymes: -ɒbəl
- A cobblestone.
- Cobble is a geologic term for a rock or rock fragment with a particle size between 64–256 mm (2.5–10 inch).
- Cobbles are partially-rounded rocks used as a construction material for road and street surfacing: see cobblestone.
- Cobble is a regional name for the Red-throated Diver.
- Cobbles and variations can refer to testicles
- Coble is a familiar term for the Hawfinch.
- A potential homophone is Kabul, the capital of the country of Afghanistan.